Monday, July 21, 2008

spiiiinnnnnnnn

well - i am waiting for my computer to defrag, waiting for help desk to allow me to get my network drives going - i read through an old post from Pre-Cheq last year....when I was looking for a gear to use. I ended up using a 38x17 on my 26" bike....58.1 gear inch. This year on a 29" - I have a 36x18 (2:1) and it is 58.0 Gear Inch. I have a 17t rear cog that would warrent me like 4 more gear inches. That is my goal - to get into that gear for this years Cheq. What I need to do is calculate my ability to carry the speed on each hill. The hills in Elm Creek mimic Cheq BUT Cheq hills tend to me smoother - less ripped apart so a bigger gear ( speed) might be fine if I can get a clear shot up the hills. As most know - getting bogged down behind a group can stop your ability to climb without a dismount.



So, I give the 36x18 this week for riding then will switch to the 17t and fire it up. I have some big goals for Cheq - beat 2:59 - which is what I did last year....2. beat it by 20 mins 3. to finish without numb hands/fingers.... 4. to somehow finish 2.5 hours 5. if i think of any other monster goal - i will let you know....like top100....LOL - that would be funny. I think the only way that would happen is if the group ahead of me all run into trees and break their bikes or they all get flats or something like that.

out

No comments: