Wednesday, July 09, 2008

2 2 1



Playing with the mechanical advantage is all about numbers but the proof is in the puddin'. More and more i am adding to the diabolical machine of love - my new bike. That's right - I am addicted once again to the passion of this sport. Rolled into the shop after work and picked up a new chainring for the mono-cog - bigger. Bigger is better right? Well, I have to toy with the different gear ratios here to find a good fit. So - I added a 36 on the front and put the 18 in the back and then headed to the park for 20 plus of trails, spinning, climbing etc. I made it about 5 miles on and off the trail, doubling back and hit the MTB TT course and then went for a spin on the outer loop. I ran into Btrain coming the other direction so I flipped a u turn and we spun the outside loop.

I felt good and I was glad Bernie was spinning light at 17mph for the loop. With my 2:1 on the 29er that felt good. My tires were set low on psi - about 26 and my rpms felt like 90 - 100. I finished the loop and then did about 6 more miles of ski trails, horse trails to test my climbing after that 17 on the loop. 2 t 1 is good - I liked it. I could tell however that I will need to ride this more to get my strength/endurance back up. I can feel it gaining so I wont worry. Sept is long enough away and the cool thing is that I noticed I can keep rpms up pretty good off-road as well.

2 comments:

nerdman said...

Don't worry! Time is on your side. You keep riding like this and look out!

muyres said...

Keep Hope Alive!