Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cool 17

Knees are better - little by little. I can tell there is a difference almost every day. Opted to take the 36x18 29er into the park today. Lucky me - no horses...but lots of land mines....and another good thing was that the low spots in the trails were full of water/mud etc....felt good to slime up the bike. No dismounts today as I rolled out the entire west side heading south on the horse trails...I was able to keep the rpms up and each hill was a nice walk up. Met the fam at the swim pool and then headed back up the east side horse trails....so in theory it was around the park on grass. It seems that it is less distance however b/c the trails heading north/south on the east side cut off a lot of the distance...I could be wrong. I did find a large amount of off-shoot trails that would be a blast to try and then I did find some that are blocked off in the middle of no-where....tempting for the next run.

map of today - most of the trails were not totally visable but it is close enough. might be a good tt run huh?

I would have to say 17+ miles - nice and easy...good cool down after the med-hard workout on the century yesterday.

No comments: