Sunday, July 06, 2008

Double Down


2 fer
Pretty good day - again.
I headed out after the morning service for a ride in the park to then meet the family at the pool in Elm Creek. I took off with a plan to make it a 20 mile ride - done. Lots of trails, loops and other non-sense. I showed up at the pool ready to dive in. I must have looked like a weirdo rolling into the park area clad in spandex and sporting a bike with abnormally huge tires. Who cares. On with the swim ware and made my way to the wife and kids. 45 min later - back to the stinky close - crusted with gnasty gnats and repeat in reverse. Just over 20 for the afternoon. It was hot - really hot and I was sitting at just around 16 with the 17t in the back. It seems like a good gear for all-around - 32/17. I am trying to find a gear for Cheq but I dont think that I am up for LaLonde's 36/16. That is over 65 gear inches on a 29 in tire and that is a huge gear for that race. I am not superhuman so I will ride much smaller.

Off to church activities for the evening - all I can think about is riding the new bike so with that I hustle the fam out quick - bite to eat at Mac n Dons and on the bike again. With light working against me I had about 2 hours to ride. I head out to the horse camp and no trailers so I head to the park by way of horse trails all the way to the top of the hill past the turning wood bridge - not the big one by the chalet but the other one. I was impressed with the 29er on these unbearable trails - 30 psi and big wheels - easy ride - well, easier than the rat bike with no numbness of the hands. This is a good thing. I stopped by B-trains home and he was in a hurry to mow and weed whip. Headed home on the paved trail and I would say about 13miles for the night ride.

Time warp


All in all - the 29 er is fun to ride - easy to ride and smooth over everything. Glad I bought this beast and I LOVE disc brakes to death. Disc brakes when wet work even better...I like having more control. So now I can say I have just over 110 miles on this bike in 4 days and my back is NOT sore. The only thing that is sore is my left knee - just under the cap. Any suggestions. Maybe it is a new geometry or position that I have to get used to but I am open to suggestions at this point. What do I do?

AC

1 comment:

jorgehuevo said...

move the seat, maybe