Sunday, July 20, 2008

like gunshots in the @$$

clever huh? well, as previously mentioned - the bugs are interesting in the park. Especially in the low, wet areas. Today I did the normal loop with a few extras here and there and came up to the muddy section - however it was a bit more muddy since it just poured rain the other day.

I hit 5 pits prior to the big one - the first big one. I rolled into that pit like usual but wow, my front tire sunk past the axle on my 29er at full speed...I went vertical as the bike pivoted up and forward - thus launching me from the bike and then there I was staring at my bike upside down but it was upside down too...weird....fun. BUT the bugs thought of me as if I myself were starring at Grandma's Cookies at the State Fair....FOOOOOD. I never saw a swarm like this - I grabbed the bike - hurdled the next pit - climbed the hill - and they were still on me. I made it to the low area - climbed the hill to the main trail and I killed 8 deer flies on my arse, no less than 8 on each arm and one in my helmet - that jerk got me a few times.

I hate flies, I hate flies that bite or sting, I hate flies that bite when it is hot and sticky out....but I like to bike so I will put up with it. Found a few new deer trails out there - should be fun!!!!!!



Andy

No comments: