Monday, July 21, 2008

easy rider

Had about 2 hours to kill before my family would turn and kill me....anyone else have that same kind of story? yeah, its the curse of having a desire. Anyhoo - where else can you kill an hour or two and still have a great ride, work-out etc.... Elm Creek. Close enough, far enough and as we all know it can be tough enough.

Did the Claflin loop starting at the north end horse camp - to the swim pond on trails...back up on trails with a double mtb TT and a run through the single track course. I did opt to not take the mud trail - and gut the WUSS brand from Rotach...I figured I didnt want to deal with the alien bugs from hell. It was nice. I did intervals the entire time - one mile hard, 1/2 mile easy...on the trails even the easy isnt easy cuz one gear means easy is faster.

It was perfect - great night and then got home to finish arranging the crap in my garage, fixed Maria's bike, Peter's bike and two neighbor kids bikes...one was a complete tune up...I should open a dirt bike shop. It was fun to see them ride off glad that the bike worked again. I was told that three more kids will be by tomorrow for brake and wheel alignment issues. funny.

After which, I went to a neighbors house where he just put in a pond and my kids were fishing for bullheads and crayfish in that pond - it was a blast.

ac

No comments: