Saturday, July 26, 2008

had to add a teaspoon of effort

Who woulda believed it? - Jens Voigt and Raul Alcala
joined us on the ride today



Fun Ride - Perfect Weather - Great Group!

The advertised ride was 100 miles....and from my home to the shop - the ride and super prime and back home I had 95 miles.....so I finished 100 by heading back out Hwy 144 for 2.5miles and back to get my Hundo. 85 deg, NO wind, rolling hills, severe tan lines reinforced.

Neil had this weird - go figure - thing going on as he was emulating the color commentary of a sports announcer...I think he said his name was Richard Johnson " covering the highlights of the Big Banana Race series...." Well, if it wasnt the sports announcer, it would have been Neil Karaoke for 5+ hours...actually - we did 95 miles in under 5.5 hours didnt we?

Sign racing was in effect - super prime....Mark C. Hemmi and I had a few in there...Not sure about who else was in on them. I do know for sure that I was running out of steam at mile 80....despite the electrolyte pills and food - thank GOD I had them - I was not doing my best. It was a good reminder as to how difficult Cheq will be.

GREAT DAY, GOOD PEOPLE...Fast Big Banana TEmpo!

No comments: