Monday, March 30, 2009

Headed East

was thinking about a route in Afton - thanks Neil - but thought that driving to the area to then ride was too much and I had to get going quick. loaded up some hammer stuff and bolted from home to do the stone arch ride and back. the ride down to stone arch was great, the trails are clean but watch out by the park area - the lower trails are under water. Once at the bridge - it was on auto-pilot. I dont care for the urban nature of riding that much but this wasnt bad...too chilly to have teams of people walking about. the new bridge was neat - but still a bit spooky.

Heading into the Univ. the winds really picked up in the face - chapped face by the time i was at Shepard Road - shoot, there was even a head wind going UP the high bridge. The loop back was nice and Ohio sucked but did it twice and Ramsey was good - did it once. The ride home was getting cold - the wind seemed to go right through my jacket. Once back into Champlin, I was home free. didnt bonk, not wiped out and had to stretch the heck out of my back. cold weather better be over but I am listening to the news now - snow tomorrow? great.

total miles are just over 85 solo...i accidentally reset my computer into the ride - correct me if I am wrong on that number.

ac

1 comment:

Just a Thought said...

Impressive determination! Glad to see you accepting the challenge and putting the hurt on mother nature.

attn: Neal, I am sorry to see you are threatened by anonymous comments.
As adults we sometimes forget the childhood curiosities that mold us into individuals. Sometimes, not knowing how the trick is performed is better than finding out the secret...Santa, Tooth fairy, etc...