Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

As you know - the weather was "going north" to the arctic circle in a hurry this evening. I LOVE riding in snow storms - it is almost like a time warp and its almost relaxing in a weird way. So, with spin class tonight and some of the business end of TSH to contend with, I figured the ride there would be good therapy and it sure was...wet, cold and nasty. At the top of super prime I about turned around as that wind was intense. My face was raw with pain by that time and then turning left at the top and down the hill, over the new bridge and past lifetime etc... I was waiting at the stop light by Cub foods turning left to the shop and a car pulled up next to me and the ladies in the car were funny - I could clearly understand what they said " Holy $&^#, look at that, that is crazy." she forgot stupid.

I had a full sheet of ice all over my body except for my face. It was good to ride as always but I think I will prepare by checking the weather prior to leaving b/c by the time we were done with the spin class, the temp dropped to 9 deg with 30-40 mph winds. I got a ride home...I didnt need to earn the darwin award just yet. We did the "bending crank arms" work out with heavy gear for intervals and off the bike squats. It was liberating!

See ya on the road...in a day or two.


drew

No comments: