Saturday, March 21, 2009

Great day to get outside

Had a tremendous day...and bad day in some respects. It started with getting up when my body got up. No alarms...no hustle...stumble to the french press coffee and then settled in with the kids reading Calvin and Hobbs books and laughed at my kids who were laughing at things they didnt understand.

We loafed and played outside a bit, put some drywall compound on the bathroom wall, then some bad stuff, then a bike ride with the kids up superprime into the park. Funny thing here, my son was riding a bmx style junker that he loves. I love that he is possessive about a bike. Climbing the wall at super prime - he was stalling out big time. It was their first ride of the season. I was behind him going slow and he was up off the seat making slowwwwww rotations and then he just stopped. I end up track standing and so does he...just hovering for 5 secs and then he winces and lets out a ninja grunt and pulls the rotation out of his butt and makes the hill without getting off at all. I gave him a dollar for the effort - paid in full at the stop sign.

we hit the park - hit some ice - played some pooh sticks and I sat in the sun at the bridge while they ran into the woods and such. We head back home and all three kids made it up the back side of super prime with ease - they got off their bikes and jumped around for joy that they made it! I love these guys.

Got home in time to straddle the cannondale and headed to the shop for what was a 23 person group ride. How fun is that? we ended up doing the neilorator? is that the name of that route now? 45 some miles - did some interval pulls off the front for some hard effort training and then sucked down a bottle of gatorade and a starbucks double shot thing...and about threw up 10 miles later. That cramp sucked and I owe it to starbucks.

hitting the rollers I was lucky to flat out - not a pinch flat but a worn out hole in the tire. Small stem - deep dish wheels - not a great mix and then got home to then buy new tires/tubes. Had to use the dollar trick to get back.

grilled out some burgers - caught a movie with the kids and they were wiped out - all is good and thus - my day is closing fast.

2 comments:

jorgehuevo said...

do you think we can ask for more after that, a good day in the sadle , an family, priceless

everythingelse is a mastercard

jorge

Erik said...

Make a plan. Otherwise it could cost you a pinky toe. I was 40 minutes late and had to write up a back rub action plan! Good to see you brother!