Monday, March 16, 2009

Feels so Good

I was honored with the ability to ride into work today on a 50 deg morning. Perfect. The sun crested as I was crossing the CR Dam - ducks, people fishing the quiet still of the morning was intoxicating.

Last min call of arms had me sending the word out for a last min ride on my way home. Madonna answered the call with enthusiasm and she ditched work and showed up to ride. I was struggling all day on this bike. It seemed just a bit sluggish. Never mind it is a mid twenty pound bike with some major rolling resistance and disc brakes but it just felt - odd.

Get to the shop - and man was it busy...really busy. I waited for Madonna and we headed out towards the 144 loop. It was great - and I was feeling the burn. I was not sure what was going on...still, should have checked my tire and didnt. My rear tire had a sssssssslow leak and by the time we made it half way over the 144 rollers I could feel the tire sliding side to side and bottomed out the rim a few times...Dang. Once on Dayton river road - I put some air in and then once by Life Time - all the way flat and rode the rim into the shop. I felt like I had glue in my legs.

Madonna gave me a ride home and I treated to a little wendy's and that concluded my 59 mile day of riding. It was nice. This prompted me to check my road bike - yup...two flats which is why I took the colnago out. Showed my daughter how to change tires and then bed time. Good stuff.

See ya on the road.

ac

1 comment:

Madonna said...

Thanks for the ride.