Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are my kids that old?

Today was a great day for many reasons.

Tina had girl scout events to tend to with Maria so they were gone at 7 am. I knew I was not going to be able to do the group ride with the boys at home but Tina said " they are old enough to stay at home for an hour or two..." Hmmm. well, I wasnt all that comfortable with that - yet - so I opted to ride locally in the area for a few hours - always being about 10 mins away from home. With this in mind, I made sure all bases were covered..food ready for kids, phones charged, books, games etc...rules about fire, locked the doors and my cell ringer turned up to max with vibrate on.

I headed out for a few hill repeats on super prime and then thought that a lap in the park would be okay - called home - all is good. The park was nice and I opted to sprint all upward vertical parts - there are enough and then the phone rang many times and figured I should get home before the boys went fist to cuff...walked in the door and they were reading and asked why I was home so early - go figure.

Went to UPS store to ship the fit kit for Borah back - the new jerseys for TSH are going to look great. Dropped off Hammer stuff at Bernie's home and headed back for a lazy nap - I was able to catch the group at the parking lot and they mentioned many unfortunate events that took place - good day to ride though.

ac

No comments: