Saturday, April 04, 2009

couple of things I noticed...

As I progress into the evening here after an interesting/fun/exciting/cold ride today, I realized or am realizing a few things of worthy interest.

I am not 20 years old anymore - not that its a bad thing but that was going through my mind on the 17% grade climb today. I think that would hurt even at twenty and certainly there are some older than I that would say that is an easy climb - I'm just saying I'm not twenty.

Recovery is key and I am enjoying proper recovery to a hard or easy ride thanks to Hammer stuff. There are other great products but I get a deal b/c of RAAM....

I weigh more than John and John takes anti gravity pills - I know he does because he sailed away from us like the wind travels in South Dakota - in fact I think he climb out of Afton no-handed. jerk.

I WILL be training in Stillwater (bikery) and Afton (hill repeats) much more often. What makes you cross-eyed makes you stronger.

I like flat rolling terrain with occasional hills.

I recover well after a brutal climb. I may not climb like a goat but I can pick it up after a climb.

I know this sounds like a list of excuses for falling apart on the last 20 miles of the ride but it is not at all. I am happy with how I have progressed this year. I am proud of our group of friends and I hope I can continue to excel into June to make Team Strong Heart proud.

Tomorrow is going to be at home with a sick daughter making sure that grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup are on the ready.

Oh, another thing I noticed and I am surprised I didnt notice this prior - thermal tights should not be worn under shorts - they dont have the adequate padding or "smooth" surface needed on the first line of defense against chaffing. Lessons learned, realities experienced.

ac

12 comments:

jorgehuevo said...

thank you for leaving the truck open, that made my day a lot of easier,

alkzeimers it not bad, jajajaja

jorge

Anonymous said...

We want more Neal comments!

Enjoying the ride said...

Glad to see you are progressing, learning and gaining valuable experience as you march toward your goals. Remember to set short attainable goals, to give yourself some needed pads on the back as you train. Time can be a friend or and enemy if used improperly. I know you have the physical tools that are needed to succeed, and the mental challenge is just that, a challenge. I'm sure the RAAM experienced riders will tell you that the year will fly by and before you know it you will be in Wisconsin riding your fat tire, faster than ever. Hats off to you and all the other RAAM participants. Good luck and God Bless.

Neal Who? said...

Neal is a control master, don't fall for his game.

Courious said...

Neal Diamond?

Anonymous said...

Neal Sedaka?

nerdman said...

This is all very flattering! Hey Neal Who, I thought you were into games? It seemed like that was your point. I have been called a lot of things but control master is a new one.

Anonymous said...

Lets see a show of hands, Who thinks Neal is a control master?

Anonymous said...

Hand!

Anonymous said...

hand

nerdman said...

Wow, really? That is wild. It would be nice if someone other than Dave H would actually talk to me about this rather than playing this game. I would like to grow but it is hard in this anonymous world that we are playing in. Come out so I can grow. Sorry everybody... I just like keeping the group together. This is weird. I am willing to look inside, are you?

That is my nice response my not so nice response is something else. This is kind of a creepy deal.

Let's see hands for people that think this is kind of creepy.

Home Skillet said...

lets not take shots at people...people. if you cant say it to someones face with honesty and back up your own reasons with just cause - keep it internal.