Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Albertville and Back

i didnt check the miles but I think its close to 40....and so were the winds from the north. 6 or 7 of us headed to Albertville then to Otsego and back on 144 where Wonderboy and Jet were waiting on their Mt.Bikes to finish the ride with us.

Despite the wind - it was a great ride and I was glad to see Bernie out once again - always a treat and he likes to pull big speed....thanks for the lead out on the county sign and of course - the big lead heading to Otsego....drafting behind you is like no wind at all. I figured Bernie needed to blow some carbon out of the legs so I let him handle the first part into Otsego then traded off.

One flat - that's it....we are getting better or the roads are getting clear. Fast tempo and strong intervals were in play but the group came together often - it was fun.

Super prime was led out by Mr. Tequila and Wonderboy up the wall...I was in third position with Bernie in tow. At the top of the wall - I led out convinced Bernie was going to come around but I noticed I was alone with Dan about 30 ft back as i took the prime....i about puked...literally.... tonight was a near threshold ride the whole way...Bernie was in true form with his locomotive "long sprints" and of course - he had the smile going.

4 comments:

muyres said...

do you have any idea what your talking about?

Home Skillet said...

yup...not sure what you're talking about however...

Home Skillet said...

to all - sorry if the posts are more like random thoughts glued together. some make sense...most dont...i am often reminded that i dont make a lot of sense so no biggie - enjoy the day.

Anonymous said...

I speak for everyone when I say we enjoy your random thoughts. Keep up the good work.