Friday, April 17, 2009

Under the Stars

Cubscouts last night prevented me from riding with the group - I trust it was a great ride - but the scouts are a blast and it was a wonderful last pack meeting of the season! (cheers and celebration). Upon getting home - I put on the the most colorful array of clothes, added a few lights and grabbed the Cannondale (complete with new d-hanger and now it doesn't ghost shift) and went out for 20 miles in total darkness. Little freaky to do this but I have been steady with 2-3 night rides a week to mentally prep and also it seems the only time to actually get miles on the road.

I opted to keep it moderate with 90-110 cadence and sustained between 20-22 avg. On the warm up section - going up super prime - a car pulls along side me and some guy (Hogland / wife but couldn't tell in the dark) yells - "What are you doing?" Then I figured it out. Only Hogland would take his wife out on a date to thus drive up superprime :) Our wives deserve much credit for putting up with our eclectic habits and hobbies.

I did about half in the country and half in the city and it became wonderful to say the least. Smooth and fast and the temp was perfect. A few thumbs up here and there and an explanation to one family at a stop light in that " I was racing across America in June so I best get used to riding at interesting times." A quick hand off of a TSH brochure - always carry those - and the light turned green and I headed into the abyss again.

This has been a great year already in many aspects for which I am blessed and thankful. Hope to see you on the road soon!

Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy.. your blinkers worked good! We saw you from about a mile away... those red lights were flying up hill! I knew it was someone I knew. Nice to see the Team Strong Heart colors. Kinda hard to carry on a conversation going uphill!

Dave

Home Skillet said...

great to see you too. sorry i didnt figure it out sooner...it was a great night to ride.