Saturday, June 07, 2008

UPGRADE


Remember when Justin headed out with the Tues night group for a 50 mile ride on his Kabuki Samarai bike? He just boosted his status... I give you the Samarai Night Train. I know I dont have 1500 cc's of power in my legs - maybe Hemi does...


Onto what went down today... cycling adventure. Tina goes to work and one heck of a day - I ask the kids - "wanna go for a ride?" YES!!!!!! of course that is the answer. the van is with Tina and my VW doesnt carry four bikes and four people at one time so I said - we are going to have to bike TO the park...and we can then bike to Culvers....They are game and well, I wasnt expecting them to make it but..... wellllllll.... I lost 3 bucks - here is how.


we head from the home up super prime - then beyond through the chin-high grass to the trail...I told the kids if they made it up super prime without standing on the pedals they would get a dollar....they did it! I was impressed b/c i stood on the pedals and these kids had 20" bikes single speed except for Dave who had a 35 pound bike - so I was still impressed.


We head down the east side of the trail with a few stops here and there and made our way right to Culvers. The kids bonked in a big way - LOL we load up on burgers and ice cream and lots of water...sat around for about 30 mins - ready to head back. We doubled back and headed back to the Hayden Lake trail bridge for a round of Pooh Sticks (throw your choice of sticks in the water on one side of the bridge and the first stick to show on the other side wins). By the time we got to the far north parking lot - Peter and Maria couldnt go any further at all. A quick call to Tina and she picks them up and Dave and I head up the back side of super prime on Fernbrook...this is a longer climb than super prime and its all at once. Dave did it and felt like throwing up but he didnt complain. We coasted home and collapsed in front of Star Wars episode II. I head out for 20 in the park on the rat bike after that and had a blast.

So, 15 with the kids and 20 miles by myself with the nasty bugs and the new TSH jersey - old one but new to me. GOOD DAY.

1 comment:

jorgehuevo said...

we were waiting for you at 5;30, no show, well we did 100 miles in 3 stages, im sure you read neils hisotry, and he is buying a new colnago