Monday, June 30, 2008

Following Neils Trend.....3 stage 45

I couldnt resist Neil.

Today - first day back from vacation and it was nothing short of hectic. Lots of catch up work. My job is busy enough as it is when you are on top of things. Jump out of the routine for 5 days and it becomes a nightmare. Aside from that - I biked to work (15) and then biked during my lunch break with my boss - how cool is that? (15) and then biked home (15). En route home I stopped by the shop to view my new spoil - my Redline Monocog.... No, my countless raffle tickets didnt yield me a free one but what they did do is support one hell of a cause and that is worth every penny. I purchased a Monocog - the black one. Took it out for a test spin and it is very cool. Funny, it rides better than the rat bike - maybe cuz it actually fits me and it works without weird sounds and stuff. So, tomorrow I am going to make sure the size is right and take it home - then abuse the living daylights out of it.

The back is getting better - new seat on the road bike helps - and rest and recovery too. No pain today while riding but I did realize my long term endurance is nothing short of crappy. In time - I know. Good to see Jay H at the shop with his family - always with a genuine smile and sincere handshake.... there is a lot of character in a handshake. He reminded me that the group still rides on Tues/Thursday...funny, this I know but work, wife's work etc is in the way so I will focus on biking when I can. The new bike will for sure "make for some time".

See ya on the road...soon.

andy

No comments: