Wednesday, June 18, 2008

easy ride - the pain is interesting

Took off for a ride in the park. the doctor said I may have a compressed disc in my L4 area and that I need to be a bit careful - no kidding as if the pain wasnt enough of a reminder. This is more than a blow to the fitness aspect but rather - pain when riding a bike is more of a mental thing. So, I am on a regiment to build the core and stuff - all the funny excercises with a big ball and light weights. I have found that my MTB is more comfortable - most likely the seat - so I will continue to ride that more. I can do about 20 without much worry - more than that and the pain shoots down my left leg like a freight train. No damage to the back so that is good - just need more build of of muscle.

I have been sick for a week too and that is not a good thing for endurance. I just turned 36 on the 14th and I feel as if my warranty just expired on my body - should have purchased an extended warranty plan...lol.

Once I am feeling better - I will ease into more intense rides - I am falling off the back each time and not able to recover at all - I appreciate Hemi for coming back each time, but the group is strong and I just cant ride at that level right now so I will continue with my mp3 player in the park - just have to be ready for Cheq40 - that is all I care about right now in the riding world.


AC

1 comment:

Neil said...

Happy birthday!