Monday, June 09, 2008

Modify

Sunday - stayed tuned to Team Strong Heart - always fun to watch...should give me ample things to search throughout the week. No long rides - too much work and family events but I normally get some 20+ or so milers in here and there.

Modified the workout - I have 20 mile route through and out of the park (about half off road) that I take with the Mt Bike - SS. I have been lowering the psi a bit each ride to see where I can ride without blowing a tire - down to 30 psi and I have been lucky thus far. A few things, aside from entering the park just past super prime, I ride to the south end on the asphault and I treat it like a TT - going all out and with no psi it is not easy...like hammering with 7 inches of travel on a suspension bike - sluggish but wow, the pain. A guy I raced with in college once said that if you take a Mt Bike and ride 20 you can figure it is like riding 30+ on a road bike. i am not sure about the math there but I understand that more weight, more rolling resistance and less aero adds up - throw in off road riding too and it makes more sense. I guess there is a reason why Neil likes to ride the mt bike on road rides -

i am sore today in places I have not been sore in a long time and they say that is a good thing but it hurts to sit on my rear.

ac

No comments: