Monday, June 02, 2008

Illegal Mud



I bribed my kids with candy to avoid the impending doom of "another bike ride Dad?" Sad, yes but worth it. I know, I know a bad habit to get into. Added another 20 to the slowly growing list of miles this year but they werent easy miles - I will tell you that. The rat is a good trainer - its heavy even without the gears. The psi is low so its sluggish on the pavement and half the places I went, I had to dismount b/c it was a mess out there. My favorite 20 miler is straight on past super prime - head down the west trail and take the first right - up a steep climb that is usually washed out...at the top go left and follow that for a long time - there is another left at the top of a steady climb and that will drop you to that wood bridge - stay in the mud and hit the series of mud pits and then pop out just before the road on a killer climb. so far I have made that last climb with out a dismount - thanks to there being grass. Cross the road - go left and watch the mud shoot upward at high speeds - pop over the little bridge and go straight on the dirt road all the way to that cement bridge - go left and follow that up the climb to the right and then take the asphault to the right and just before the "only hairpin in hennepin cty" - go right on the grass and drop back on the trail - head out on 109th to the bike shop and from there - back home on the streets. I usually throw in 2 mtb time trials in the middle of that and it should be just above or about 20 back home.

Note - you can get busted out there b/c most of those trails are horse/hiking only and I am illegally in possession of forbidden mud on my bike and shoes. If test - I am sure it would reveal horse DNA. My full bodied suspension fork beat the tar out of me today - gotta get ready for Cheq sometime.

No comments: