Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GRISWALD

That is right - the trip of the year is planned to the wonderful Black Hills of South Dakota June 25-29. Bottom line - cant wait. What I can wait for is the ride out there - 9 hours of mini-van adventure, singing songs, playing the various games and the verbal battles that might result from being a prisoner of the van.

I love this trip really - it has been.....well never since we did something like this. Finally - we can have this trip and it will be worth it. Delux accomodations at the KOA in Custer - thats right....KOA. Tenting with the entire family and keeping it cheap and fun. At least the KOA has showers, pool and plenty of rowdy RV'ers with their 3:2 beer and dogs running free from the leash. I love it.

The trip will include - Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wind Cave, Hot Springs and Devils Tower - with a spin through Needles Hwy. Gas, food, lodging and attractions - my math adds up to under $1000 for 4 days. Not bad at all. I was thinking to sneak my bike out there but seeing it hurts to ride and I have no bike rack - the family will rejoice.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Andy-it's Kelly from UWEC again. The dogs are having a last pee and poo before I head into work, so I was thinking of all the blogs I need to catch up on. Yours was the first to pop into my head :)

Sorry to hear about your back. Ouch! I recently recovered from an injury that dashed my plans for a marathon in June--I know how badly it sucks to have to involuntarily rein in your enthusiasm! Glad to hear your babying it. The time off will be worth it.

If you ever want to mtb sometime, let me know. I usually ride with a couple other people and it'd be fun to catch up! I'm actually seeing some improvement in my skillz this year. hee.hee. Take care!

Kelly said...

PS. Vacation is one of my FAVE flicks ever. I actually developed a crush on Anthony Michael Hall because of that movie. That was pre-Sixteen Candles, "I'll give you $10 for your underpants" Anthony Michael Hall, mind you!