Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday....in the park....


I think it was the 29th of September...okay, so the lyrics were a bit different. Saturday morning - almost October - dark outside....6 am....why the heck am I putting on my cycling clothes? Well for starters....it's biking. Add in that it was 62 deg at my house at 630 am, the breeze was warm at about 20 mph from the south, riding through the park is amazing this time of the year and friends were waiting at trailhead for a ride. I really suck at making my camera work well while moving - it seems that my older - less technical camera worked better. Oh well, the park was amazing this morning.

Out again on the single speed - 42x15 - cannondale. This gear seems to work well for me - good on the rollers and if I can sustain 130+ rpms - I can hang on the fast parts. 7 or 8 this morning???? was that right? Well, we heading out Dayton River road and then out to 144 - did some loop that is by Walgreen's and then back home on the rollers to the shop. Hemi and I traded off the front all morning - despite the wind - we had a great workout. I got handed second place on super prime after pulling Tom all the way up and across to have him pull past within the last 50 ft. Good job Tom.

Back to the shop and off again - for me...I headed home. I was shot. Totally dehydrated and already cramped up and exceptionally sore. I realized that I had not had enough water AT ALL in the last few days and it caught up with me today. Lesson learned.

Great morning for a ride -


Andy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom C? Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

yes, tommy guns cowan. i had nothing left - at all. he was fresh for sure and on his single speed too!

Anonymous said...

No crap!?

Neil