Monday, September 17, 2007

my kids are the best...

Yeah, if you have them - kids I mean - you can appreciate this. So I was going through Cheq pics and Skinny ski pics - no luck in finding any with me in them...actually - I think there was one where I saw a Giant hat brim flipped up...thats it. Okay - back to the kids... My daughter was with me looking for the ol' man. She sits up on my lap with her nose about 2 inches from the screen and says..."they have all these people in here but no picture of the winner." So, I go to the pic of Jesse on the podium and I said "that man is the winner."

"No, dad, I mean they dont have any pictures of you..."

I will say that NO podium finish could ever mean as much as what my daughter said to me this evening. I guess what they said in school about winning not always meaning coming in first place was really true.

So this evening - I was putting on the slicks on my rat bike...they are old slicks that are a pain to put on...I remembered the last time I tried to put them on...I broke 2 composite tire levers...I did the same tonight and decided to throw the tires out...if they were going to be that much trouble in the garage with a few beers...then it was really going to suck on the side of the road without the beers...off with the tires.

wow, another reason to go to the shop and buy more crap...but fun crap.

2 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Dad's the Winner... Thats what I'm talkin' about!

Anonymous said...

Dan Cleary is the winner... I read your blog and to come out of that race with that great of an attitude... He is a super hero!

Neil