Thursday, September 27, 2007

TNT - Thursday Night 20

What a great night to be on the bike! Now with Headwaters being over with....where did everyone go? My days are numbered with scouts kicking off with the boys and everything else that goes on with school...taking advantage of the daylight was tough. Had to cut the route short as the sun hit the tree tops. However Jeff and I spun out to Rogers and back on 144 and made pretty good time. The route didnt allow for much talk time as it was rush hour. Too bad all the traffic is about us out there - I bet even 10 years ago it was a wide open road...maybe even less than that.

So now its onto commute in the winter time mode...cold, dark, cold and then home in the dark. With all the locals joining the RAAM team for next year - our group has much to work towards. We seem to gel very well and are always helpful - now...its even more. You guys/gals are going to do GREAT - you have some great RAAM vets to help.

A few goals for me this winter - stay active on the bike, commute to work when I can and stay off the trainer. I am saying to myself that the trainer belongs to my dear wife as her bike will be more or less glued to the thing - just fine with me. just give me a sled and throw the kids in and head up and down the road - talk about max heart rate.

There is NO reason to not ride this winter. Riding in a snow storm is like riding in a Salvador Dali painting...almost hypnotic. The rat bike is now the winter rat bike and I will have to get that new single speed if it kills me....actually a single mt bike and a real single roadie.

well, thats it for me...have a great night and see you on the road.


zuko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is one reason... SKI!!!!!!

Neil