Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday chill

First time on a ride with some substance since Cheq. With my new found busy-ness at work - its okay. I didnt have time to even think about it. Getting out the door seemed to be the problem - running late and not sure who is going to be there as most are up doing Headwaters. I hop in the Jedi-Knight and blast all the way to Trailhead to hang with the crew. As I about loose control around the back lot, the lone rider is in view - Jay...bless your heart. That red Bianchi is visible from a mile away. So where is Erik these days?

It was a bit chilly this morning...not as bad as mid 20's during Cheq. Man that was cold. So Jay and I head out west for a 35 mile loop - I ended up having to use the race ready wheels on my ss cannondolly. I burned out the hubs - they were crap anyway - on the old set after riding 60 in the rain. So the Mavic set up was nice - 42x15 and it was realllllly
nice to ride a light bike again.
Jay and I did a nice easy ride with a few interval workouts on the rollers of 144...then we traversed super prime and I have no idea who crossed first. It was such a nice morning to ride that I didn't even notice the signs.

Later today I ended up going to a MTB TT course we have set up - do it yourself tt. It is a great course - exactly like the birkie rollers. The Rat Bike made the trek out - after tightening the following - headset, pedals, brake levers, seat post...wow - cheq did a number on the bits and parts...it was kinda like a mechanical bull for 3 hours...but on a bike seat.

Well - thank you Jay for the ride and conversation - glad you figured out how that computer works and oh, congrats on surpassing your millage goal - you still have many days to ride this year!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry, rough night with the baby so I rode later in the Park! Next year will be better I promise!
Erik