Sunday, September 09, 2007

Spinalicious

Seeing that I am looking at 60 some degrees and a brilliant blue sky - had to spin the park. Seeing that Fat4-0 is just 6 days away, I took the SS ATX out with a 38x18 added. Trying to get a feel for what will be best...I got lost in the day. My goal is to guess what will be a good gear to spin out for 40 miles...on a trail. How the hell am I supposed to figure that out with limited experience?

I guess this will be the "get tin my learn on" in the SS world. Well, if you had a chance to ride on Sunday - you had the best weather of all time. Plus, I only got yelled at twice for riding the horse trails - and then I hit some really fresh horse dung. I like how easy the 38x18 was...i could run just about any hill out there just fine. 38x16 was pretty tight the last time I rode it...but then I was shot when I did it. I will most certainly take out a 38x17 tomorrow. I just have to tear apart another cassette. My guess is on the 38x17...it is really amazing how you can tell the difference between one tooth.

Got a new melon cap for my daughter and wife - big sale at the shop...cages, stem, gear, tires....i can really be happy with spending too much there. We all can.

Looking forward to Friday and the trip up to 4-0. I shall enjoy this - with all my heart. My legs will have a different story to tell.


Zuko -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!
erik

Anonymous said...

38x18

Anonymous said...

gracias anonymous.

Anonymous said...

de nada