Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cycling Frenzy...

So - at the shop last night to get the wheel...not done. It's cool - no big deal. These guys are busy. I would try myself to rebuild the hub but would rather have Stew or Mason take care of it. I can get it apart and semi-back together....after that, it requires a touch and experience I just dont have. So, instead I opted to paint more on the bike...I forgot my camera at work...this is really getting out of hand...between the flames of red and blue and green - all using a touch up brush so it kinda sucks - I have turned my bike into a rolling grafiti machine. It will turn some heads for sure...Tonight I will clear coat the artwork a bit and call it quits. I can easily spend too much time on this - its in my nature. Seeing that my wife would kill me if I got tatoos, I tatoo my bike instead.

As I am working away - the Duke rolls in to buy a bike for his wife to ride this weekend...Then Kenny the Cook drops by with his bike...the frenzy is on - the last min tweeking. I HAVE TO get out tonight to spin a bit...this taking a few days off is needed but tough to do - it really is. My only concern is some sort of a technical - what can go wrong really? Single speed....lets see - break the chain - got a back up....pop a tire - got a spare....break pedals - go with one leg....break my body - get a beer.

It is much more the experience but I have some goals - being accountable here....here is what they are... 1. finish under 3 hours 2.finish under 2.5 hours ( big goal ) 3. top 100????? well, ya gotta have a big monster goal - the hero goal. 4. meet greg lemond 5. pay up that beer to creepy friendly. 6. cross the line knowing it hurt and i put it all out on the trail.

That's it - pics tonight of the grafiti rat.


zuko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could always drop your keys