Thursday, October 04, 2007

After not...

riding for such a long time...well, I guess it was like a week, it was good to get on the bike. Going clockwise in the park - I knew I would meet up with someone - I just didnt expect to have like 13 by the time we made it half way. Fast, slow, easy, enjoyable...pick your pace and love it. These types of days will be gone soon. Good to see some new faces tonight - Dan. Good to see the single speeds out too (Jay, Tom, Me). And it seems that all the single track races must be done cuz Hogeland was out in force too.

Once we regrouped - out to l'Ramsey d'huez for a bit of hill climbing...in a loop. I am tellin' ya - this is reallllly cool and I felt it. 20 something in the park and 15 plus in the lot. That is 7.5 miles of climbing - IN MINNESOTA...shoot 5 mins from Trailhead.

Neil and I show up with Madonna and Carol, Paul and Holly are doing the loops already. Neil had the tank with curb feelers and I had the SS blue thunder. We both enjoyed some serious work outs. We did a bunch of laps and decided to call it quits and then we proceeded to keep going - thanks Paul - I mean it. Right when we said - lets go home - we tagged on 5 more loops - it was casual and it hurt.

Neil dropped me off at the PDQ gas station by my house and I turned on the lights and biked to the "lemonade" store for a 25.4 fluid oz of "lemonade". Tucked it in my back pocket and enjoyed a solitude 2 mile ride home. The lemonade never tasted so good.

No comments: