Monday, August 18, 2008

mistakes turned to memories

Sounds more dramatic than it really is of course.

Well, it started with having to leave work early to get the kids to then drive the airport to pick up Tina's parents - bring them home....maybe sneak in a ride. Whatever - like Murphy's Law was going to let me ride (Tina had to go to work, I had taxi duty - no ride.) So, we head to the airport - no issues. Clean and fast and amazing. Once there - we rolled up right when they walked out of baggage claim - no calls. Murphy was no where to be seen...to bad I didnt see him hiding on the roof of the van.

Once we left the terminal - headed the wrong way...going west instead of northeast to Crosstown. Okay, turn around and then catch the correct means to get home....missed that one too and headed into Eagen and thought to myself "what the frick did I just do?" Big sigh....while my father in law is laughing next to me. So - up 35E into St.Paul which ended up being perfect b/c Tina's mom is from the neighborhood near the Cathedral - so we are all happy until father in law says "lets go to White Castle...." So to Lexington and University we go and I timidly force 2 sliders into my mouth and swallow - had to plug my nose. My kids never had White Castle - for good reasons - Tina and I hate that place. They are now converts.

So - to end this right my in-laws agreed to let me go to Cedar and 6th to visit Freewheel.....they stock the Sidi buckles for my broken shoes. They have a lot of things most places just dont carry. I was impressed. I was wasting time while the family was in the van. Where I parked the van, my family could see me walking up and down the lanes - I had to leave...Fifty bucks later.

We head back home to some Wii, coffee with parents and me realizing that I didnt evenly fertilize my yard so I have streaks...Murphy had the last laugh in my mistakes to memories event. That jerk.

So here I sit listening to some oldies....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we know a guy named Murphy, I wonder if that dick is the same Murphy you're talking about. *SNICKER*