Thursday, August 28, 2008

As a Pancake

That's right...I was flat today...Bob said he was flat in the legs too but I was flatter...I won the pancake contest no problem. I would thus call it the bruised banana contest. Okay, weird how the body works b/c Tuesday I rode 30 then did 22 or so on the trails and I felt 100% better then. So whats the deal? I guess we all have days where nothing goes as planned. I began to search the bike - issues there? Except for heavy tires - nothing wrong so I had to accept the fact that my body wanted to rest while my brain said "go more, you have a race in a few weeks."

I guess resting is a good thing but it seems with taking literally two months off of riding - thank you mr. lower lumbar back problem - I am not where I was last year...in fact 2000 miles off track to be exact. Excuses will harbor determination so I will keep on doing the best I can - but I must remember that I am not a pro....cant be a pro....so why worry about it this much...its cuz I am sitting alone in front of the computer thinking about the day.

So my goals for Cheq - again - finish, finish alive, and I will leave it at finish at least 1 min faster than last year. If I claim a 10 min advance over last year - I will be very happy. I was talking with Bob about gearing and we have been toying with 36x17 and today's events lead us to believe that maybe the 2:1 ratio would be better - still like 58 gear inches and that would be acceptable. I really dont know how Jesse did it with 36x16 and then take Ez Taylor who rides a road gear on his 26"....these guys are monsters to say the least.

Enough of the pitty....on with the events and let the beer caps fall where they may.


ac

1 comment:

JayT said...

Chasing the gear inch Holy Grail. How fun and very interesting!

You both appear to be on track for a good race. Good luck to you both!