Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bummer...wait not really

Reading Neil's anonymous poster on his most recent blog "was I the banana" I was reminded of the closing of summer - the hints anyway. Darker sooner...where did the time go. I know as for myself, this year has panned out to be a lack of showing on the group rides, lack of miles on the bike (despite my goal to max the miles) and once again fitness showing up when its time to go inside.

I finally feel about 80% of what I wanted - nothing special compared to the many amazing cyclists I get to spend time with on the road but I feel better, less winded over the long haul, having fun on the bike - loving the single speed of course....so what now? Where does this leave me and the countless others? Well - I guess - no wait - I know I MUST ride this winter in ways I have not before. What I hate is the general swing of body weight and the fight to reduce when spring rolls around. I know, trainer, skiing yada yada...but seriously, why dont I move to Arizona? I bet those folks bike a bunch more year round down south....oh yeah - the 120 deg heat....thats why.

So as the only monumental event in biking for me approaches in Hayward ...I am eager to peek the best I can....to beat my time, to hang with friends, enjoy some of the best views around - ahhhh some of the core reasons I love to bike....friends. Sorry I have not been around much this year and thanks for being there when I was - it was not an easy year.

Enjoy the day and my sappy blog....


ac

ps. hey Neil - the official decals are on their way and I have to come up with a goofy Italian model name - any hints?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

white was not possible but I have blue that you could cut out and use as stencils