Tuesday, January 01, 2008

startin all over again...

Well, the 07 year is over - official...and glad to say it's gone. I am a rather fool-hardy optimus - I like to think that things are always green - good and that there is good in everyone just waiting to be pulled out of their souls - kicking and screaming at times. But for me - 07 started shaky and was filled with less than happy moments - lots o stress. Not so much in the biking world but everything else. I look back at what made me scared the most, and it scares me all over again - never and I say NEVER wanting to go back or relive that time in my life. Now - being the optimus , I can say and I do say God is good and there are more times to thank God than to worry but as humans - we always tend to remember the tough and forget the good.

When all that is precious to you is held in front of you - out of your control - you tend to freak out. Loosing control is generally not a good thing but sometimes it is needed to remember what God can do, is doing and will do when it happens again. So bitter sweet is my mood - looking forward I am excited for 08...a bit smarter, a bit more watchful, a bit more gutsy to push some limits. I am not one for resolutions - i know what I need to do - that list would be too long. One day at time, min by min with my kids and wife, moment by moment with the King ( not Elvis ).

There is freedom in the start of a new race - the anticipation of what will come is exciting. Shoot, I got my new Bluedog cycle jersey ready for the season - it is pretty cool...that's exciting. So 2008 is here and so are my friends. I am rather lucky, fortunate and blessed - I know I dont deserve them but I am glad that God has seen fit to give them anyway.

Onward and upward - this is going to be a great ride.


ac

No comments: