Saturday, January 26, 2008

30 miles and runnin...


Yeah! The first official commute of the 2008 season...so I guess it's on. I now have the bug more than ever - freedom from the trainer. Not bad out - I know - it wasn't sub zero riding like some of our regional heroes but still it was chilly - low 20's. It was cold enough to freeze up the Gatorade. The trails to work were okay - the streets we clean and b/c I ran low pressure they were manageable. The only tricky part was after crossing the Coon Rapids Dam and heading south - all trails were groomed for the ski people and they were slick. Making my way up the levy or hill south of the 610 bridge into Coon Rapids was not easy but no dismount needed and no wipe outs. Stopped into Dunn Bros for some tasty brew and it was packed and I was there looking like a knob. Into work I went and the ride home was wonderful - the sun was out. With a quick stop at Trailhead to unfreeze the water bottle - I was racing home to the warm shower. 30 miles all in all with the single rat bike - what a day and what freedom.

4 comments:

Erik said...

nice work hombre!

Erik said...

Feed The Warrior!

jorgehuevo said...

good job , keep it up man, becuase my goal for 2008 is to suck youre wheel the all year jajajaja

jorge

Anonymous said...

when is Jorge gonna start a blog jajaja!
Erik