Monday, January 28, 2008

1.28.2008 part duex


ok - i totally forgot that the sun goes down at like 11 am so the punch out a 5 o'clock made me realize that I will be finishing my commute via car lights....and then rain...and all matter of road slop to say the least. I had the blinky lights on the back and the tunes rollin'. the ski trails - which are a must for me to get home - had been melting in the pseudo - summer day thus making it really tough to ride on - seeing that some spots I sunk right to the axles. Once at the dam, I was home free and soaked to the bone.

To do rides like these builds a bit of character and a good frame of reference for those questionable days to come. If I can ride in 35 deg and rain/ice and road sand and salt - I guess there isnt much excuse later on when it is 60, 70 some degrees. Now, I see on the weather bug that we are going to sub 15 either tomorrow or wed...I will have to calculate my desire factor on this one. That is almost dangerous if you are not prepared and I know I dont have adequate clothing for 30 miles in that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're the man, man!