Thursday, April 24, 2008

yet....another wonderful upgrade


I now can honestly say that I am and will be riding with RAAM now. Let me explain. I have this cannondale bike that I bought from Bikes LTD in LaCrosse in 1990 - its been faithful and true and I like it so much I kept "it" and sold the nice Virata so I can purchase a SS road and SS mt...I call that leverage.

So, yesterday I was riding home and noticed this metal crunch squeak slush sound on my pedal stroke. After a while I could feel it in the pedal - and if a sound turns into a feel - its time to operate. Stop by the shop - yep, need a bottom bracket and the crank was bent too. Original crank - not original bb. Aside from the seat post, stem, fork, frame - everything else has been replaced now. I asked around if someone had a used crank - and low and behold - B-train says - here's my old ultegra crank WITH bottom bracket.

I nice visit with his family and I got the story that this very crank set pedaled across America last year with RAAM. Now I have the power of Greyskull at my disposal - watch out...If Bernie owned it - you know its good. So with some help at the shop and some shinny new bolts we are in bidnis.

Thanks Bernie - it works great and I noticed that even standing still - this thing rests at 5 mph - its that fast.


ac

No comments: