Tuesday, April 15, 2008

afternoon wind extraveganza

I watched the flag outside my office window stand at attention ALL DAY. It was serious - the email machine was telling me that constant winds over 23 with gusts up to 45 mph....from the south. I took coon rapids blvd to the park and over to the shop. It is mainly heading NW so the wind was at my back - generally speaking as opposed to the ride in this morning. When you are going the same speed as the wind....in the same direction - it is like riding in a vacuum. it is neat...plus its the only time EVER I will feel like Merckx.

The ride around the EC park was interesting - 12 of us and the group split up just about 2 miles before the lap was done. I was spent - with 30 miles in already and I am not in the best shape - I sat up and then biked home - did two hill repeats up super prime and made it home in time to take the eldest to boy scouts.

So - 46 miles today - not bad - it was sure good to see everyone today. Geez, even Jorge came out with his freshly waxed cycling outfit and gold inlaid unobtainium voodoo road bike....good to see you bud - as always.

Pasta, salad, hershey's cookies and cream bar and an overpriced mocha - recovery foods in that order.


see yall on the road.


ac

3 comments:

nerdman said...

two miles from the end of the first loop? Which group was that, I never saw you again after the first two city blocks.

Anonymous said...

at the only switchback in Hennepin cty - Hemi turned on the burners with Larry....I was wiped from riding in the wind all day any way - hung on for about a mile and thought they would be waiting but they were off to another lap. I then put on the headphones and headed home. i am sore today - sorry for the break up of the group...i kinda got sucked into the excitement.

Anonymous said...

It's cool! Eckhart Toole!

Neil