Sunday, April 13, 2008

Highlights from the weekend...

For the three readers of the blog - recap. it is good for me to log a bunch of crap so I look like i am doing something important on the computer.

For the first time in a while - the weekend was free. I was a bit worried on Friday as I had a specific assignment at work to locate a few people willing to relocate to Iraq for a year or two...it ended up being a late night - some really cool conversations with non- linguists for a change but rather organizational management people. So when 8 pm rolled around and I was supposed to pull a rabbit out of my bag of tricks by 4 pm I was concerned that my efforts were pointless. I hope they weren't.

Sat morning - up early....anticipating some semblance of a ride I saw no indication. So I head out with the Rat single speed for a low gear high spin around the park. I didnt have all day so I tried to get cardio in full swing - it worked. The trail was fraut with 2 inch slush/snow which actually made it safe to ride but it was really hard for some reason. I did some hill repeats on super prime about 4 times and then hit the park - taking off shoots here and there the google map thing said I did 22 miles in all. I made it to the shop on my way home - looking for the new bike - and met up with an old but crazy friend - Justin....the Samurai is alive and well - got a new gig with some nuclear electrician job and he seems to enjoy his work.... so about 30 mins later its time to leave and Justin said he would once over the rat real quick and found out that my rear brakes were off and the right side pad was forced into the rim the entire time - hence the hard ride. Funny - I thought I put an easy gear on for spinning and it ended up being a watt maximizing exercise.

The ride home was all on the street and in the snow fall - sleet really. I am really beginning to loath the cold/wet weather. It is time to warm up and it looks like that will happen.


Sunday was low key - home from church...left over papa murphy's...lazy games inside with the kids and the low hum of the new washing machine cleaning my cycling clothes. Happy times.

Monday....all is set for the commute...it is time to add to the miles in better weather....Fat Tire is about 5 months away and I still dont have a mt bike to do it with...wait - the Rat is ready and so is that Monocog I am going to win.


drew

3 comments:

nerdman said...

Read Eckhart Tolle, A New World!! What an eye opener!!

nerdman said...

He would love your old bike!

Anonymous said...

Dude...I sure hope your efforts weren't in vain! :|