Monday, April 14, 2008

Bird of Prey...

en route this morning - I witness a pretty darn neato experience. Normal commute - down the busy w.river road to the coon rapids damn - south out of the park - up behind target and of course Caribou coffee - they are so nice....then into work....

Okay - rewind...the Coon Rapids park. This is a series of paths that resemble riding over parking curbs...the heaves and buckled asphalt is horrible. so I take it easy through here...So I am near some pavilion thing and I look up - there is an eagle soaring above. yes, an eagle, white head, huge wings....looming over the water. So I stop, listen to a few screeches and watch this amazing creature skim the water and latch onto what appeared to be a mid sized carp or bull-head.

As I watched this happen, I realized I wasn't alone - about 4 joggers had opted to stare with amazement. One guy with purple shades on looks at me and says with a plain face - " you don't 'f-ing' see that every day huh?".

So I was hesitant to bike in this morning - I guess it took 12 miles to realize that gratification doesn't always come quickly.

ac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My route for avoiding that bumpy trail when I commute that way:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1795114

John

Anonymous said...

very cool - Thanks!