Saturday, November 29, 2008

wonderful day

heading out - new bluedog jacket from Borah

navigating the loop twice - the snow barriers are all up now - save a few. be careful!

stop at the ski chalet thing at elm creek for some water - lots of skiers out there and a one puzzled guy who was blown away that Colnago made a steel frame single speed. LOL


Map quest said 40 miles outer loop twice and urban riding in Champlin. Nice day for riding and I will remember to put a bit more air in the tires next time. Got home in time to play uber Uno mania, movie with the kids, legos, dinner out with the kids...Tina had to work so I turned into a 5 year old....gosh, I love being a kid!

The route. I did the outer loop twice with brief stops at the ski area thinking i would for sure see Neil or John or a Loon State jersey - I thought I saw their cars there but didnt see them. There is only a small section of the ski lanes open so I was sure I would at least run into them - no dice. Each loop consisted of riding to the shop on 109th and into Champlin and up w.river road and back into the park - it was a nice change up. the snow barriers are up and I ran into one of the guys on the north end putting them up - he said to be careful..no kidding. they really dont mess around - lots of them and they make it really hard to get around them - I guess thats the point.

I had some new Puddle of Mudd playing and kept my pace medium with high spin and sprinted all hills - so I got a good burn in. I left with no food in the belly so I was seeing stars about 2 miles from home.

All in all - grrrreat day and wish all winter days were like today...but Jan/Feb will not be so forgiving. Enjoy the week and the rest of the weekend.

No comments: