Sunday, November 30, 2008

another wonderful day - but a bit colder...

dont worry - i wore a helmet...this was after the ride.

36x20 today
Good gear in this stuff - no need to blast that fast. The snow on the outer loop was not bad - hit some of the snowmobile/horse trails here and there. Turned out to be 20 miles all in all per the map thing online. Took a while in that gear but it was still a great workout. I really like biking outdoors in the winter - it is fantastic. Its quiet, smooth, solitude....but man, the cold...my body has NEVER done well in cold. Its like I am in slow motion.

By the time I made it to the ski chalet - I was huffing pretty good. High rpms kept me warm. The snow machines were at full tilt today at Elm Creek. There was a point where it looking like a white out snow storm coming off the trails - then poof - clear. Weird.

Got home in time for about 2 lbs of spinach, protein supplement, lasagna and orange juice...and a warm shower. Hope you all had a good day.

ac

No comments: