Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Land of the Free.

this has sparked in me a re-newed determination to care more about what we do as a nation - just for the record - it wasnt McCain that i voted for - as many have made comments here and there. Not that anyone should give a rip what i think anyway. i am excited for change - and i am not hating that word. it was going to change no matter what.

I work in a place where people show and tell me of their former country - and all it takes is a few moments to realize that America is blessed and wonderful. I fear for what lay ahead in the area of National identity - I fear that this country will slip through the fingers of rational thinking (Erik - i know you will disagree on that) - i do hope that I am wrong - i really do.

Change for the sake of change, something hip, young, inexperienced, questionable background and associations is, in my mind, a bad idea....but i am just Andy in Minnesota and no-one reading this is an expert either.

I believe, through the people I have talked with as friends and family, that many think that Obama is the black knight saviour that is going to bring stability, jobs, money, lower taxes - heck there were people out there saying they are glad b/c they "wont have to worry about paying for gas in their car, paying their mortgage.....we helped him [obama] and he will help us." i have the link. amazing - is this what he instilled in people is the image of - "gov will take care of everything?"

Again - i do hope things improve but he will fail like all have. He will dissapoint like all have - he is human. the supporters of obama have put in their minds a level of expectation that is so high - even he stated that this will take a LONG time - opposed to the campaign of " I will change the white house overnight."

Oh well, off to the bike I go - going to watch either braveheart or gladiator on the spin bike and enjoy every moment of it. and if it matters to anyone - i have been in contact with the person that posted on the comments about abortion and mends are made - she is a good friend of mine and dear to my heart - enjoy the day and pray for this nation.