Saturday, March 15, 2008

PR IV...a free race brought to you by friends out for a ride

Another Great Day....

Tina had some girl scout stuff going on with Maria so I was not able to partake in the first half of the race but I did make it for the last 2 laps. I did notice that I am not at the same level as the other guys...but then again the 1st and 2nd place did just ski the Birkie - and that is no small task. So I dont feel so bad.

For my non-cycling friends - the race today was the Prairie Roubaxi IV ( link 1, link 2, )...this name is taken from the famous Paris-Roubaix held in France. It is our version of the race - cutting through black-top and gravel roads alike 40 miles in all. It isn't easy for early season and I SUCK in cold weather and suck less in warm weather. I was lucky today as the temp hovered below freezing so the dirt roads were not muddy whereas in the Paris-Roubaix race - it is almost guaranteed to be full of rain and slop....oh by the way the race in France is like 160 some miles and about 1/4th of that is on the Roman Cobblestones see vid links..( link1 eddymerckx and paris-roubaix 1976 -watch that one link3 )...I just forgot to bring my lungs.

No pics taken during the race but the post race pics are below as well as on Neils Porthole to Reality.


The winner of the PR-IV
Wonderboy ( aka no gravity )















Neil with the signature
goof ball game face -
2nd place










B-Train (right)- shivering like a
little school boy caught in
the rain and Me on the left
prepared with jacket.
I guess you could say I came in
4th but i didnt do the entire
race...but i did show.









The traveling trophy of
grace and the spoils of
victory.

No comments: