Friday, March 21, 2008

As you can see...

My new theme song is " I fought the law....and...." Yeah, I buckled and without much pressure I guess. I was on my way home and with the family out at a friends house - perfect time to stop by the bike shop....spotting bikes and ready to spend my loot. Of course, a suitable thing to do since my Bianchi was in the hands of someone else. hmmmmmmm...... commuter, mt bike, new something - heck wheels, shorts....my list is long and I have options. One of the lesser known options was the front loading washing machine. Swing past the shop - closed....damn. Across the street - Appliance Smart - open....double damn.

OOOOOkay - lets go look - but I am not buying. Ever heard/said that before? I will say - Greg Gonzolas is great and if you need any appliances - go see him. So I ended up with something that looked like an 3.7 cubic foot escape pod from the star wars movie I just watched with the kids. Scratch and dent - save water, energy etc....plus our old one barely works so this was inevitable. I reach into my pocket of loot - I have enough....triple damn. So I can show up with my old one - they take it off my hands no cost - minus one damn but maybe add a dangit cuz they arent light.

All in all - it will work and about 3 times as efficient - so when I called Tina and sent her a pic of the new washer - she was happy - minus a damn. The fact that they arent cheap and I sacrificed a new bike still leaves me at one damn - and I have the right to keep that - but I cant show that to my wife. There better be some "brownie points" in this....to which my wife will say " yeah, you get clean clothes." and I am back to the triple damn (with an added dangit) status once again.

.....the law won.

andy

5 comments:

JayT said...

Looks like we'll have to start a support group for you. Once the roads clear we can get together and we might as well bring our bikes. Wait a minute, this support group thing is sounding pretty good! Maybe a few nights a week...

Anonymous said...

I think you should have a "shit damn!" in there somewhere...

Anonymous said...

I say yes to both accounts - but i wanted to leave the real swear language to the military mexican - well said a-dog....and much appreciated. To Jay I am a new member of Appliances Anonymos...hello, my name is Andrew Claflin and I too have decided to willingly forgo my better cycling judgment and I bought an appliance instead.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy, you made a great choice! Speaking from experience, it's worth it to break down and buy the new washer/dryer. Last year I asked for your advice on repairing washers...It was really helpful for Tim to fix ours and have it cripple along for a few months longer. But we finally broke down last Fall and purchased a front loading W/D. Despite the price, it's not made of carbon, but it has saved time and energy. It's also economical, just like a bicycle! As much as I really enjoy bicycling, I sympathize with your wife on this one! Just think of all the extra time you will have out riding on your bike instead of fixing your old washing machine all the time!
Carol

jorgehuevo said...

single speed, madonne, or how about a couple of front loaders

p;s; you are going to be the cleanest rider in the group

jorge