Sunday, March 16, 2008

Not sure what I am doing really

In doing some riding with gears again - I have tried to limit the number of gears to six. Reason - there are enough rides in MN that could really bennefit from some extra mechanical advantage. I never claimed to be the almighty ss'er so I have no guilt in doing this. Anyhoo - i switched some gears around to accomodate for rides like ramsey, preston, la crosse etc.... here is my spread in gear inches.













This looks okay to me - and I really dont know what these numbers mean but having 3 over 80 will allow to keep up without dying and one/two close to and in the fifties is good for brutal climbing.

Where I am at now - i will need some improvement to say the least. PR IV proved that. It is good to get some hard rides in to get a feel for where I am at compared to where I was and want to be. In trying to find a pic of Ramsey hill to show some folks in VA, CA - I was unsuccessful - except for this painting. it shows to some extent the steepness of this hill - but not really - you almost need to take a camera out there - but i have not found any.

No comments: