Friday, March 14, 2008

Great Day....Man I love these days....

I actually got up in time to ride into work today. I had it all ready to roll from the night prior and that saves SO much time. Headed out in the dark/cold morning - dodging the sheets of thin ice on the road....got the middle finger for opting to ride in the road vs. lake Dayton...its okay, if all someone has is a middle finger I guess that shows their intelligence. As a biker, and I use that loosely, you get used to people in cars flipping the bird. Maybe they are jealous.....no....just stupid. Anyhoo - pulling up to the intersection leading to west river road and 169...i pulled up along some cars - waiting for the light and a guy with 93x on...very loud...rolls down his window and I was expecting some sort of smart ass comment and I got the hang ten gesture and a loud " you kick ASS dude!" while one of my favorite songs blasted - Megadeth Symphony of Destruction. That was a feel good moment. The other cool time was pulling up by Mavericks - by Neils home - I was doing intervals on that stretch and got to ride along side the Metro bus until Bills gas station just b/f I almost puked....the adults were like grade school kids in the window staring at this idiot biking in the dark...lol.

Once again - coon rapids dam - that is dam cold...even on summer days but the sunrise is so impressive - rolled down Coon rapids blvd and hit some major headwind to the point of frustration but hit the coffee shop - more looks and i really smelled bad at that point and then had a blast at work and repeated the ride home - 30 miles of Happy Time Turbo. and all on the 1x6 Frankendale bike with really nice wheels.

ac

No comments: