Sunday, August 02, 2009

persomal bests today! DIYTT -

personal bests today! DIYTT - MTBIKE. andy 5:02 on the 36x16....9:03 david age 12

Took David out for a dirt lap in Elm Creek. We ended up doing a full lap plus a few errands to boot! This kid doesn't give up at all...Making our way around the east side I asked if Dave would like to put down a time on the TT track (off road) and he was all game. We cut in and out of the woods and showed up at the top of the big climb on the course and lo-and-behold here comes Neil up the course with two of his friends from Church...sorry I forgot names. They are doing Cheq for the first time this year and it they were getting some first hand knowledge of the course from tour-guide Neil....couldn't ask for a better guide!

Dave and I headed to the start line while Neil and group headed on the track for a 2nd lap. David was glad to take a break and he readied his stopwatch. I took off on the 36x16 29er and headed out to beat my last time. I was feeling sluggish at first and then cramped pretty tight but rode through that part (thanks to RAAM). in the wooded section it took a bit of maneuvering to get around the group on the course but it was a clean pass.

On the last stretch I was able to pick up some pretty good speed and I beat my time by 1 sec...(5:02) looking to break 5 mins on a single and I think it can happen.

Then it was Dave's turn and what a trooper. I rode with him kinda coaching and whole gear thing and he made it strong without dismounting at all - very cool. When he crossed the line the only thing he said was "THAT was so COOL!"..... yet another convert to the cult we call biking. David posted a 9:03 to which he said he WILL beat next time.

No comments: