Sunday, August 16, 2009

back to the basics

today i got my back tied up like a knot...maybe its the lack of biking this past week (surprisingly cycling helps me stay away from the back pain) or maybe it was the garage make-over the past few days crawling around like a spider up in the rafters of the garage...either way today I was limited in movement and is sucked!

last year - spring - i really blew my back up which led in turn to going to the chiropractor for about 5 months prior to RAAM. It helped a TON and since RAAM I have not gone that much and had adopted many routines to counter the "long torso" syndrome I have lived with my whole life. I must have missed some the daily routines, maybe lacked the water intake...so many things...so today was a perfect day to ride but alas I was here...watching a movie and doing back stretches and things commonly reserved for rainy days.

So to counter this great day, I am all about cycling the whole week - commute to work each day with training rides tues/thurs/sat...get back to 250-300 mile weeks for starters. Cheq is ready to start but I dont think I am...ramp up and peek just right.

Kids are heading to grandparents house for the week - they have had just the most amazing summer - especially David with this trips with boyscouts, canada, nine mile lake up north and so on...hope to see you on the road!

ac

No comments: