Monday, August 31, 2009

Gooooooooood Morning Minnesota!

Amazing what proper sleep does to a person.

early to bed, early to rise...never really believed that myself but today it worked. With the windows open all night, I slept solid and true. This time of the year is full of bliss for us bikers...umm cyclists. Found myself in a familiar place in the dark hours prior to the sun making its way upward, stumbling through the room to find where Tina had now placed my cycling clothes. I guess I graduated to a "new" Rubbermaid thing for my clothes - how nice.

old cycling shorts, khaki cargo's, long sleeves and a vest....a bowl of honey-nut cheerio's with Pete and a solid high-five from the little monster and I am out the door. dont you just love this weather? It could be like this ALL year and I would be just fine.

The brisk miles wore like a favorite pair of jeans - it was smooth and easy. The hustle of business men and women careening off to work in their cars as they stared with jealousy - passing with care. The pedal strokes became like rushing water - quick, with purpose to a known end...its nice to not think about it but to rather enjoy the early morning views. Once to west river road (aka Eddie Z's secret training ground) it was a treat. The smooth roads with views of the river were superb. Commuters here and there, people out for a walk, a deer in the residential area enjoying apples in someone’s front yard as the owners watched with coffee. They gave a friendly wave and a smile...my gears whizzed on and so did Van Morison in my ears.

I am reminded that all it takes is to just "Get" on the bike and go because mornings like this are worth a million road rides. this weather also speaks to me of the race in Sept...cool morning, slightly damp with dew and bikes...Cheq, if you are listening - we are ALL excited to ride your trails no matter the conditions.

The final steps into work were perfect and solid. Awake and ready. Alert and focused. Add in a cup of java and some oatmeal and I am set for anything. Now if I can get my mind off of biking long enough to be productive then I am set!


AC

No comments: