Saturday, May 03, 2008

impressive -

Marty Bonk Race


Me and my six speed. it was NOT the bike of choice today...it was actually a rough day anyway - 20+ mph winds from the NW demolished every group out there. You could easily see who was naughty and who was diligent this winter.

first of all - i am not going to blame anyone but me...i wasn't ready to ride like they did today. my miles have been stretched out and not consistent. the last two weeks I barely rode the bike at all - enter the Marty Race.... it was only 36 miles but it literally felt like 100. Cheq on my SS was easier. Wind does nothing but upset me. When we turned WITH the wind - BOOM! off like a rocket the group leads out...FAST. 42x 11,12,14,16,18,19 was not the bike today. I saw riders slide into 53x11 and spin out...I cant deal with that at all on my bike.

I climbed well - I helped re-group 4 riders that were shelled off the back and we traded off for lap two....this guy Wade, from Bemidji, and I dropped those two and we two-upped the rest of the ride...it sounds more impressive than it was. we came in near the back - but I understand that quite a few turned back from the group I think...I came to play today but I forgot my fitness at home...Hey, I didn't loose my key...and b/c I finished i won the opportunity to eat my Cheddar burger with pride.

I will say that I felt good when I was done - just not ready for the speed that they rode at today. I have NEVER experienced that kind of riding before - that wind...that wind is evil.

SO the benchmark is set - I am ready to excel from here....I wasn't last, I wasn't first - Bernie did well - top 10 on the race!

No comments: