Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day of Days...both good and bad

I found my limit
today and that limit was in the form of pulled muscle and not ready to roll out as much as I did. Commuted into work today - perfect. Easy roll in the morning and even had a break at the Coon Rapids Dam with some pics - the gates were wide open. Left work a bit early, productive day at work, and rode to the shop for the A ride - I was worried b/c I have not put in good miles at a consistent pace - I was right...not ready.

We headed out to Hanover and up to St.Michael - over to 144 and back. By the time I got to 101 & 144 - my left calf muscle was wound tighter than I have ever experienced b
efore. I one legged it up to the construction on 144 while the group headed up Lawnsdale and over. I thought the short cut would work - they wouldn't let me through the construction b/c they were moving lots of dirt- they even had a squad there and i was out of luck. Had to double back a mile to Zanzabar and south to Diamond Lake road then over - I got my 40 for the ride and my 30 for the commute - 70 miles for the day...thats okay and if I wiped myself out on the last 3 miles...I am happy with that.

Looking back - I had no water today at work - no food (except for ez-mac one hour prior to the ride) so how can my body work right? Lesson learned - more miles needed - better nutrition a must. The ride was fast though - most of the ride was well over 22 according to my count - and that is cool. Thanks Dave and Dave for coming back for me and sorry I held the group up - I trust you had an enjoyable ride back on Dayton River Road....so who got the prime?



No comments: